Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A little action

I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions for ages, but last night they crossed the threshold with a little added crampiness thrown in. So I guess we know that something is going on in there! My midwife had previously told me that it is not uncommon to have a lot of prodromal labor the second time around so I guess this is expected. At any rate, it was a good wake up call that there really is a baby in there and it really is coming out! Between the contractions and thinking about the fact that we haven't even unpacked the baby clothes I had a hard time sleeping last night! I will start washing them today and hopefully we can move the dressers around tonight. (Max is *very* sad about giving his dresser with the changing pad on top to the baby.) Fortunately, in the light of the day at least I have given up my 5am-contrived plan of painting the bedroom(s) before the baby comes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Max that Gramma has Dallas's baby dresser that he can have. It has a lip on top that was a changing area once upon a time.

Gramma Ancy

Display said...

This is exciting! Baby things, baby things, baby things!